Monday, March 7, 2016

A Restless Night Remedy

I tossed, I turned, I got up, I laid back down.  I worried, I shed a few tears, I thought angry, ugly thoughts.  And still, I couldn't fall asleep.  Ugg!! 
After a night like that, who in their right mind would even want to get out of bed and start the day?  Some people I know would say "Just jump up, put a smile on your face, and think happy thoughts!" And no, the people who say these things to me are not on drugs.  Come to think of it, maybe they should be!
Anyway, after I forced myself to get up, I made "The Husband's"  lunch, threw a load of laundry in, made a list of what I needed to do before I have to go to my mothers for the day, and ate an ice-cream sandwich.  Still feeling the need to snap out of it, I turned to my favorite "go to" remedy:  VINTAGE STUFF!  And this is how it works: 
Step 1...Pour a diet coke. With ice.
Step 2...Turn on pellet stove.
Step 3...Open laptop. 
Step 4...Go to Etsy, or Pinterest, or one of the many Vintage Blogs that I love so much.
Step 5...Enjoy finding about a million things from my favorite times that make me smile.  



And thats the remedy.  And it really does work.  I have posted some pictures of some stuff that I saw.  See if any of them make YOU smile: 
Remember Jack Lalanne and Happy?  My mother used to exercise to his show while we kids watched.

I love these cute little toys! 



  
How about this?
 Rain lamps were huge in the 70's  Remember sticking your finger into the oil that runs down those wires, just to see if anything happened? 



This was one of my favorite dolls!
SWINGY  1969

This was Kerry's doll
DANCERINA  1969

  

My Easy Bake Oven!!!!  1968 

This was the kind of desk we sat at in grade school, instead of the stupid tables that they crowd the kids into now!!  No wonder the kids are sick all the time.  They are in each others face all day coughing all over each other.  When we had our own desks, hardly anyone was sick!  Not like today.

My sister Debby had this game!  The object was to win a date with one of the cute boys and not the rough looking punk.  Debby hated to win what she called "The goody goody boys"  She wanted to win the rough looking punk! 


I still have these Raggedy Ann Color Forms. 


I also have these books from the 60's.  They sure are a lot better than the kids books they make now!!  





Well there you have it.  This is my remedy for a restless night and or a crappy morning.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I do exactly the same thing. Pinterest is the BEST to browse late at night when I can't sleep. So much fun retro there!

    BTW thank you for visiting my blog, View from the Birdhouse. I am bookmarking your blog to visit again. You mentioned favoriting my blog in your links. Thank you! I would be honored. I need to put together a favorites list at my blog too.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How in the world did I not see your kind comment? And you sent this in Sept! I have GOT to get on the ball and pay more attention to my site.
      Hey, by the way, do I need to ask permission from other bloggers in order to list them on my blog? I have so much to learn!
      Thanks again Trish, for visiting. And even though I may forget to check my comments, I DO remember to read your blog!
      Laura

      Delete